The Young Electronics Group consists of two divisions, YEG Components and YEG Resources. Both divisions are based at one site in High Wycombe and form a division of H.Young (Operations) Ltd, which in turn is a wholly owned subsidiary of H. Young Holdings plc.
YEG Components is a stockist, distributor and agent for many well respected and high quality manufacturers of electronic components. Powerline is a trading brand name within the YEG Components division.
YEG Resources is a division dedicated to providing specialist component and cable sourcing, stocking and kitting for OEMs and sub-contract manufacturers. Cabcon and Locator are both trading brand names within the YEG Resources division.
Young Electronics Group
Cressex Business Park,
Tel: +44 (0)1494 753500
Fax: +44 (0)1494 753501
Young Electronics Group
Maynooth Business Campus
Tel: (00353) 1 629 2640
Fax: Fax: (00353) 1 629 2637
Young Electronics Group is a member of the H. Young Holdings Group.
- Parent Company:
- H. Young Holdings plc.
- Registered Office:
- Buckingham House, West Street, Newbury,
- Berkshire, RG14 1BD. England.
- Tel: +44 (0) 1635 555800
- Fax: +44 (0) 1635 35940
- Registration No. : 194944
- Dunn & Bradstreet: 21-911-9252
- VAT Registration: GB578419593
- Turnover per annum: £150,000,000
- Employees: 760
Group Details for Young Electronics Group
- Company Originated: 1976
- Approvals: BSENISO9001:2008 First registered with BSI in May 1995 Certificate RS31390, continuous assessment
- Mission Statement:
The Young Electronics Group aims to represent world leading manufacturers of electronic components and sub-assemblies that are specialists in their chosen product technology. The Young Electronics Group strives to provide the necessary range and levels of service required by today's OEM and sub-contract manufacturers operating mainly in the UK. To encourage and build partnerships between our suppliers and our customers.
- Quality Statement:
The Young Electronics Group: Recognise that we not only supply products but also a service. The Young Electronics Group: Recognise that everyone in the company has a customer, either external or internal. The Young Electronics Group: Strive for flexibility, simplicity and teamwork. The Young Electronics Group: Never knowingly provide defective products or service. The Young Electronics Group: Accept personal responsibility for the service provided. The Young Electronics Group: Use measures of performance as a basis for continual improvement.
- Management Representative:
The Quality Manager is responsible to the Chief Executive Officer for the resolution of all quality matters and for the administration of the Young Electronics Group BSENISO9001:2008 Quality Management System.
- Quality Documents: Quality Manual, Process Maps, Operational Procedures, Company Procedures and Work Instructions. Available for inspection at our premises upon prior appointment.
- Quality Records: Maintained for 3 years after product delivery or non-conformance corrective action report. Unless specified by UK Law, such as those required by EU Directives.
- Calibration System: Traceable to normal standards through quality assured, sub-contracted calibration companies. Documented process of controlling test equipment.
- Inspection Stamps: Used and controlled.
- Product Identification & Traceability: All products are identified to lowest packaging level & traceability and manufacturers' delivery paperwork. LOT traceability to manufacturers' production batch and keep samples.
- Product Returns: All goods to be returned are handled through a Return Material Authorisation (RMA) system. RMA authorisation must be given prior to returning goods.
- Non-Conforming Goods: All non-conforming goods are controlled by documented processes and associated operating procedures.
- Corrective Action & Preventative Measures: Documented processes and operating procedures covering customer complaints, non-conforming material, mistake proofing and supplier issues.
- Purchased Material: Suppliers, vendors and sub-contractors are approved and regularly assessed. On receipt inspection is performed either 100% or sample, subject to goods and suppliers' previous quality performance.
- Inspection Systems: Goods-In patrol, BIN location patrols with perpetual stock checking and Goods-Out patrols. Multiple sign off checks of all pick notes and respective goods.
- Statistical Analysis: Based on BS6001 and internal Quality Planning.
- C of C: Can be supplied when detailed on the order and subject to contract agreement.
- Static Handling:
- Special handling areas have been established to provide protection against static discharge. Documented operating procedure in accordance with the requirements of BSEN100015.
- Training: Documented procedures for training, records and staff resource and development planning.
- Customer Satisfaction: Documented process for monitoring and gathering information regarding customer satisfaction. Results are analysed for improvement planning.
- Continual Improvement: Documented procedure for acting on all inputs, outputs and information which drive improvements to the Quality System.
- Employees: (all divisions)
Sales & Marketing: 30
Technical & Quality: 2
Admin, IT & Finance: 5
- Site Floor Area: Warehouse - 2025m2, Offices - 1683m2, split into 4 floors
- Technical Resources: Equipped electronics lab with EMC pre-compliance test suite. Annual membership of ERA "Technical Access Scheme".
- Standard Carrier: UPS - Next Day Delivery